Monday, November 19, 2012

Small Haul: Mac & Sportsgirl

On this weekend (2 weekends ago) we did the quickest roadtrip in history. 1400 km there & back in just over 24 hours to Perth! And that reason is... well, you will find out at the bottom of the post! But lets just say it will be the best thing for us for summer :D
So on this rush trip I was still able to get a bit of shopping in with my brothers' girl Kadie, we got to go to Garden City where I remembered they had MAC (again) so I had to buy a few things.


 Firstly I wanted Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle but they had sold out :( The S.A was showing me some other loose powder highlights that were meant to have a wet finish but they looked a bit too glittery. So I settled on Lightscapade which is a beautiful, soft shimmery highlight. I still want to get soft & gentle eventually, although I think it will take me forever to use this baby up.
 Next I thought I would finally buy Paintery paintpot because I see so many people rave about it. I haven't properly experimented with it yet, unsure if I would prefer to use it on it's own or over a primer. It would be perfect for neutral, matte eyelooks. Don't think I could ever use this up, either!

 And from the start I knew I wanted a bright lipstick. I asked for Impassioned (been lemming this for a loong time!) but she said it was limited edition- say what?? Not sure I should believe that one! Maybe it is in Australia, I don't know. So then I asked for Vegas Volt, but changed it to Morange soon after because I had been wanting this for a long time as well. & I am so glad I got it- It is the perfect orange for summer! I also got Kadie to buy her first MAC product, Honeylust (I swore that was the name but it's only showing eyeshadow on google :S) lipstick which is perfect on her.
& I never intended to post this picture as I do not have anything at all on my face, but it's always nice to see a full-faced picture of the lipstick. I did not use any other lip products with it here.
So everybody knows makeup is more expensive over here, but I will share the total anyway.
These 3 products came to the cost of *drumroll* $118.00 0.o. Lightscapade being the most expensive at $47 holy moly I knew it was going to be a bit but I bit the bullet, although I believe that the total cost, if I were in the U.S, would be $62.50 so I had lost $55.50 but it is always nicer to go in store, you don't have to wait for shipping & worry about damages & I had good service so it was worth it-- sort of.
www.ozsale.com had a sale on MAC a couple of weeks ago although there was barely anything to choose from, I did purchase a couple of lipsticks & blush so hopefully that wont be too far away!

I also went to Sportsgirl because of Sleep & Water & Mishelle from Mishelle's sleepy time. I was going to buy a couple more lipsticks but I thought I had better not this time, although I wish I did now.

 I swear I saw a review on this from somebody, but can't remember who, so I had to buy The Scrub Up Body Exfoliator. It is vanilla-flavoured which is a scent I normally like, however it is almost over-bearing in this product. However I can easily look past the smell. This is quite a soft exfoliant so you may want to use a Salux Cloth with it, which is what I used the second time around.
You get a huge amount of product for only $9.95, the only downside is being in a tub I always get water in it while using it in the shower.

 I also bought the Pout About It! Lip colour in Fruit Tingle for a good price of $9.95. Although, when I got home I realized I had similar colours already. I haven't worn this properly yet but it is a good, muted orange-y matte colour. But now I wish I had bought something different instead, the bright pinks & reds look gorgeous. This looks quite neon, but I've seen it look muted on others so I think I will add a nude lipgloss over the top when I wear it.
Also when I got home I had realized that I have another lipstick from a different brand that had the same exact packaging, although the Sportsgirl one at least had a label you could see properly. The one on the right is in the colour Sunburst from the David Jones makeup line & I *think* it was $14.95 when I got it. I don't use it that much, though. The only label on it is a barcode sticker but it doesn't even say the brand so luckily I could remember it. The only real difference between the two is Sunburst is a tiny but darker.
L-R Sportsgirl Fruit Tingle, David Jones Sunburst.
So that's it for my latest haul, until I go back up to Perth in less than 2 weeks, where I hope to pick up a few products for a future giveaway :D

I did mention at the start of something else we bought up in Perth, so here it is!
 Our new baby, a Jetski!
& the first time I've ever driven one, trust me I was actually terrified lol


Thanks for looking! xx

30 comments:

  1. MORANGE LOOKS SO GOOD ON YOU I'm a little bit jealous LOL. I always try it on at the store but it just looks so bad/weird on me! Can't wait to see what looks you do with it =)
    That's so cool that you have a Seadoo! I've never been on one but I really want to be! I'd be really scared too lol... I hope you're enjoying summer as it's cold as HELL in the northern hemisphere right now ha ha

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie, aww I'm sure there's heaps of lipsticks that look gorgeous on you and not so much on me, haha! Thanks I've been having fun playing around with it :D So glad I finally got it!
      They are soo much fun!! I hadn't been on one ever until earlier this year, and my boyfriend just decided that he wanted one so we got one, yay! I am enjoying summer so far although it hasn't even started yet!! hehe.

      Delete
  2. Love MAC cosmetic.*_*
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have a few of their products but the ones I do have, I love them. And ok :)

      Delete
  3. I just ordered a Paint Pot. I hope I love it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've found I still need to use a primer with this one, but it's great for blanking out the eyelid! I'd probably also use mine on the lips, heh.

      Delete
  4. Lovel haul, Morange looks amazing on you - I certainly could not pull that lipstick off! And omg, is that a jetski I see?? Ahh, I've always wanted to ride one! Looks like so much fun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks huni, I'm sure there would be similar colours to Morange that would look stunning on you. Yess it sure is-- and it is awesome! Ours came with a sea biscuit & knee board too

      Delete
  5. I love Morange I was going to buy it but got the similar shade in the pro longwear formula. I really want to try some sportsgirl lipsticks too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish I bought a different S.G lipstick, but I think next time I'll go back & get beautyqueen!

      Delete
  6. i love my msf! i have only tried a couple of the naturals though,and im LOVING morange on you! so pretty,great haul ashii :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love MAC lipsticks lol, gonna get one in Lady Danger ;)

    http://alexandrawangsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! And I'm always down for that :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love Sportsgirl beauty products, but haven't used them for a long time (I think since NYE). I'll have to go in and check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty sure Impassioned is not LE lol! Ouch, MAC is criminally overpriced here - but at least you won't be using up those products you bought for a long while :) Fruit Tingle is a great summery shade and Morange looks fabulous on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's what I thought, everytime I go to buy it, it's not there though, and theres no tester :S
      Yep thats the way I look at it, I wont be buying them again for a loong time!
      Thanks darl

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on gfc (299). Do you also follow me on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back again.;)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. great purchases! i just wish MAC is not too expensive here either so i can buy more of their face products, but hey at least the sizes are so big and definitely will last forever =D glad you had an awesome trip hun. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe, yep that's the best way to look at it! haha x

      Delete
  13. Ahh Morange is stunning on you! I have a Mac blush on the way to me too :) I love my Soft and Gentle MSF :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu! Ohh don't remind me how much I still want soft & gentle! lol x

      Delete
  14. Great haul and nice blog! maybe we follow each other !? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. thankyou for sharing:)
    check and follow mine dear i follow back :)
    http://paramitadana.blogspot.com/2012/11/wow-weoneway.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks again.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin #9.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blog!! So happy I found it! You are gorgeous and love all the make up,
    Would love to follow eachother on Bloglovin' & GFC! Check out my blog and let me know what you think.

    www.kellyjade.co.uk
    Kelly

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! If you are a new follower please leave me your link, so I can reply & follow if I like your blog. I love finding new blogs but please don't ask to follow 4 follow. <3